Primer on New Electric Models, Part 1Warner Vans of Utah
Many segments of the automotive world are moving toward greener, more environmentally-friendly solutions, and Mercedes-Benz Vans is no exception. Freshly headed to market is the eVito, a model that will be available just after commercial vehicles in 2018. In addition, the eSprinter is ready as a follow-up development.
At Warner Vans of Utah, we can help give you any information you might need on these new luxury sprinter van options. In part one of this two-part blog series, we’ll go over some of the basics of both these new van options coming out, plus showcase some of the interest that’s already clearly being shown in both of them.
eVito Range and Charging
The eVito is designed primarily to be a delivery vehicle in urban areas, but it has the load capacity and range for much larger needs if required. It can run for about 150 kilometers on a single charge using its 41 kWh battery, a range that only drops to about 100 kilometers during bad conditions. And best yet, a full battery charge can be achieved in just six hours.
Some other specifics on the qualities of the eVito:
- Battery-electric drive:This creates 85 kW and as many as 300 newton meters of torque, making this the perfect urban delivery vehicle. Top speeds are adjustable depending on your needs and desires.
- Wheelbases: Mid-sized van options come with two wheelbase options, a base version and an extra-long option with significant cargo space available.
- Max weight: The maximum gross vehicle weight is 3,200 kilograms.
- Testing: eVito vehicles were tested in extreme conditions, including negative-30-degree Celsius testing formats. They were tested on icy and slippery loads, and were also given significant testing in terms of their charging.
The eSprinter will follow the eVito a year later, expected to hit the market in 2019. It will be perfect for a variety of uses, with the following qualities:
- Gross vehicle weight: 3,500 kilograms.
- Battery capacity and range: 41 kWh battery, the same as the eVito. This means it has a similar 150 kilometer range. There are also options where three battery units are used together, allowing for larger maximum payloads up to over 1,000 kilograms.
- Power: Same torque and power provided as the eVito – up to 85 kW and torque of up to 300 newton meters, with a top speed that can be altered depending on your needs.
eVAN Ready App
One way its creators can already tell these new models are going to be very popular? Through wide use of the eVan Ready app, which gives its users the ability to check for basic information and fit concerns about these new battery-electric models. The app helps many potential buyers figure out whether these vehicles might be a good part of their fleet.
For more on the new electric van models on the way, or to learn about any of our custom luxury sprinter vans, speak to the staff at Warner Vans of Utah today.