Resetting Service Lights After Oil ChangeWarner Vans of Utah
At Warner Vans of Utah, we’re proud to offer a full range of services for your Sprinter vans. Our shop can accommodate up to a dozen different vans, performing everything from basic maintenance and tune-ups to significant repairs – all within the high standards of service put forth by Mercedes-Benz.
One of the most common services we help our clients with on a regular basis is the oil change, which is needed periodically for all vehicles. In most cases, your Sprinter will conveniently let you know that it’s time for an oil change using a basic service indicator – when you have your oil changed in our shop, our professionals will usually turn this light off for you. But in a situation where you change your own oil, or just in case your light remains on, it’s good to know how to turn this light off so no one driving the Sprinter is confused about any service that’s required. Here are two basic formats for resetting your service indicator after an oil change.
This is the simpler option of the two in most cases, featuring some simple steps:
- First switch the ignition to the ON position, but do not actually crank and start the engine.
- From here, allow time for all the warnings and messages that normally show up when you turn the key to ON to clear out. Once these have gone away and your mileage displays normally, you can move on to the next step.
- Press and hold the “0” button on the instrument cluster in your Sprinter for 30 seconds, or until you hear a beep – whichever comes first.
- Once you’ve heard the beep or held the button for 30 seconds, press it again and hold it for three seconds. Then release it, and press it again without holding it in.
- Finally, turn the vehicle to the OFF position and then back to ON to confirm the reset has happened.
This option takes a bit more time, but may be an alternative if the above isn’t working:
- Switch the ignition to ON without starting the engine, like above.
- Again, like above, allow all warnings to clear and the mileage to display.
- Press the UP/DOWN arrows until you see the following in the display: “service scope x in xxx km”.
- Press and hold the “0” button on the instrument cluster for 30 seconds or until a beep sounds, whichever is first.
- Press the lower PAGE button a single time.
- Press the UP/DOWN arrows until you see “Service in xxx km.”
- Press the “0” button again until “carry out” appears on your display.
- Press the UP/DOWN arrows until the display shows “Oil types” in the menu selection.
- Use the + and – buttons to pick the desired oil specification.
- Press and hold the “0” button for three seconds, or until the display says “Service confirmed.”
- Press the UP button to display the new service scope.
- Turn the vehicle off and then back on to confirm the reset.
For more on resetting your Sprinter’s service indicator, or to learn about any of our custom sprinters for sale, speak to the pros at Warner Vans of Utah today.